Barry Mitzman is professor of strategic communications at Seattle University, where he also directs the Center for Strategic Communications and its Project on Family Homelessness, supported by a series of grants from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He's also a journalist and Peabody Award-winning television producer. Learn more.
About Barry Mitzman
Download Barry's C.V.
Barry Mitzman is a leading strategic communications consultant, teacher and scholar. His consulting clients include many of the Pacific Northwest’s most prominent companies, business and governmental leaders, and nonprofit organizations. (See a partial list.) Specialties and recent assignments include:
- Ted talk for a senior executive of a global technology and financial-services company;
- Keynote speech for the CEO of a social-enterprise retailer with stores throughout the United States, Canada and Australia;
- Book reviews and other blog content for one of the world’s best-known business and philanthropic leaders;
- Op-ed for a national education policy consulting firm.
Branding, Strategy & Thought Leadership
- Reputation management recommendations and messaging for a former state governor;
- Branding consultations for a nationally ranked independent university;
- Communications audit and recommendations for a small city after it hosted one of the nation’s most-watched sporting events;
- Branding consultations for a startup that aims to become the Starbucks of recreational marijuana
Conference & Meeting Facilitation
- Conference moderator for one of Washington’s largest banks;
- Conference moderator for one of the nation's leading actuarial consulting firms.